Who we are
The Cov is a body of compassionate, curious, and conscious Christ followers striving to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus on Earth. As we minister to the misery of the masses with the mercy of the master our vision is to be a church that moves people from prophetic messages to prophetic maps. We are a church that doesn’t just point people in the right direction, we position them on the path towards holistic success.
What you’ll be doing
Digital Deacons do the work of connecting people to resources and each other through Virtual Hospitality and Digital Community Building. People in this role need to have outgoing “digital” personalities. As the majority of this work is communication, strong written and verbal communication skills are also a must.
This work requires consistency, creativity and intentionality. Digital Deacons are people that post, comment and chat online consistently for fun. This role is critical to fostering beloved community in the digital space.
Every Digital Deacon should engage in the following practices as a minimum requirement:
- Provide virtual hospitality during Sunday worship at The Cov at least 1x/month
- Post in The Digital Cov community at least 3x a week (Once it is established)
- Engage people in the comments of your posts. Don’t “Post and Ghost”
- Approve/Decline submitted posts daily
- Keep The Digital Cov informed about upcoming events and initiatives
- Consistently engage posts by other members of the group in the comments
- Monitor activity in your group to ensure the safety of all members
- Remove members who disrupt the safety and synergy of The Digital Cov
Thanks for your interest in serving at The Cov